21 Oct 2021, 19:25 GMT+10
What are the Los Angeles Rams players and coaches saying up of Sunday's matchup with the Lions successful LA? Let's find out:
1. With backmost Jared Goff heading backmost to Los Angeles this week to play his erstwhile team, Rams caput manager Sean McVay expressed regret astir however the commercialized that sent Goff and draught picks to Detroit for Matthew Stafford went down.
"Yes, I privation determination was better, clearer communication," McVay told ESPN Monday. "To accidental that it was perfectly handled connected my end, I wouldn't beryllium wholly close successful that. I'll ne'er assertion to beryllium perfect, but I volition effort to larn from immoderate things that I tin bash better, and I deliberation that was 1 of them without a doubt."
McVay said the commercialized came unneurotic overmuch faster than anyone expected. He besides said helium expects Goff to beryllium good received by the LA faithful aft spending his archetypal 5 seasons with the Rams and winning a batch of shot games there.
2. As for Stafford, helium said he's treating this week similar immoderate different game. He acknowledged the agelong past with Detroit aft Sunday's triumph implicit the Giants, and said determination were aged teammates, friends and members of the Ford household helium planned to accidental hullo to earlier the game, but helium said it's conscionable different shot crippled to him arsenic soon arsenic the shot is snapped.
3. Asked astir Detroit's 0-6 record, McVay said Sunday's nonaccomplishment against Cincinnati got distant from Detroit, but helium said the grounds arsenic a full isn't reflective of the caliber of hostile the Lions are this week.
McVay said the Ravens are playing arsenic good arsenic anyone successful the league close present and if not for a mates brainsick plays astatine the extremity of that game, Detroit wins that contest. McVay said Minnesota is 1 of the amended 3-3 teams he's seen, and helium acknowledged Detroit was a play distant from winning that crippled too.
4. Offensive lineman Rob Havenstein echoed his coach's sentiment connected facing the winless Lions this week. He said determination is nary mode the Rams volition look past them.
"This is the NFL. They've damn adjacent won each crippled they've been in," Haverstein said. "They've had immoderate atrocious breaks. Even if we were playing a squad that had gotten blown retired the full time, it's inactive ne'er clip to fto your defender down. I cognize you can't look past anyone.
"You crook connected the movie and they play truly hard and that's thing we're going to person to contend with."
5. Havenstein was besides precise complimentary of Detroit's antiaircraft front. He knows erstwhile teammate and existent Lions antiaircraft extremity Michael Brockers precise well, arsenic they battled successful grooming campy and signifier for six years. He said Brockers knows the Rams violative linemen good too. Havenstein said Detroit's antiaircraft beforehand has large players who marque plays, and helium thinks they'll contiguous a peculiarly pugnacious situation for the Rams o-line this week.